The Antifuturist manifesto:
- In all made things there comes a maximum degree of refinement, beyond which further refinements are useless.
- Examples include the 1957 Les Paul guitar, the Kenmore black-panel washing machine, the Waring blender, and other devices regarded as classics.
- Sometimes the answer isn’t to invent a better mousetrap, but to celebrate the beauty and efficiency of the current one.
- The world of the future will likely be subject to many of the same limitations we currently confront, if only because it will be inhabited by humans.
- Things exist to serve man.